How to create SRV records in DNS?
In order to create NS Record for your domain please do the following:
- Sign in to your eWallHost account, go to ‘My Account’ in top right side corner and click ‘Login’
- Click ‘My Domain’ tab to see the list of domains active in your account.
- Click ‘manage’ on the right side of domain, for which you want to add ‘NS’ record
- Then click ‘Manage DNS’ tab, this will bring you to DNS Management System Interface.
- Click ‘NS Record’ and then click ‘Add A New NS Record’.
- There you would find 3 fields:
Zone: If you wish to create a Name Server for a sub-domain like ns1.subdomain.yourdomainname.com, then enter the Zone as subdomain.yourdomainname.com in this text box.
Value: This is the Name of the Name Server to be created or another Fully Qualified Domain Name that you want to make responsible for this Zone. Thus, if you wish to create an NS Record for subdomain.yourdomainname.com, you may enter the value as ns1.subdomain.yourdomainname.com. Or, you may want a Name Server like ns1.subdomain.yourdomainname.com to be delegated to another Fully Qualified Domain Name like dns1.anyotherns.com.
TTL: This is the Time To Live for this Record. Any Server which once queries this Record will query it again after this time interval. The ideal TTL is 86400, which is 1 day. It can not be set to less than 14400, i.e., 4 hours.
- Click the Add Record button to submit your Record.
Similarly, to Modify or Delete an NS Record, simply click the Record Name from the list and then click either the Modify Record or Delete Record button.
4 Users Found This Useful