How to make a backup of your website on DirectAdmin
- Sign in to your eWallHost account, go to ‘Account’ in top right side corner and choose ‘Login’
- Click ‘Services’ to view the hosting packages under your account.
- From the active hosting packages listed, click view on the right side of the hosting you need to review
- In the next page, click ‘Login to DirectAdmin’ button to manage your hosting.
- Under ‘Your Account’ click ‘Create/Restore Backups’ to create a backup of the current website data.
- Choose the items that are needed to be included in the backup.
This will backup all the files in your domain directory. If you have more than one domain, then all your domains will be backed up. Backed up folders include: logs, private_html, public_ftp, public_html, and stats. Because subdomains are in your public_html folder, they are backed up also. Choose this option if you are only concerned about the content of your web site, and not the settings.
This will backup the subdomain names that you have created. It will not backup the files inside the subdomains. Use this option if you have many subdomains. If you fail to backup the subdomain lists, you will have to manually recreate each subdomain in the event of a system failure.
POP Accounts: This will backup the account settings for all of your POP mail addresses.
Forwarders: This will backup all the forwarders created by you.
Autoresponders: This will backup all autoresponder accounts and the message content of the autoresponders.
Vacation Messages: This will backup all vacation message settings and the vacation message itself.
E-mail Settings: This will backup all filters and the catch-all e-mail address.
FTP Accounts: This will backup all FTP accounts created by you. Please note that it does not backup any files in the FTP directories. If you need to backup the content of the FTP directories, please select "Domains Directory" from the main backup screen.
FTP Settings: This will backup your FTP preferences, such as whether anonymous FTP is enabled and if an anonymous user can upload.
Back up all User Databases: This will backup all MySQL databases associated with your account. You should backup your databases often, especially if your site depends on them (for example, forums).
- After selecting the required items, click Create Backup.
- A message displays the details of the backup.
- Once the backup is complete, the file to be restored gets listed in the same backup page.
- The backup file takes the form of :
- The file with the extension .tar.gz is the backup file created and to restore it, the file needs to be downloaded.
- A regular backup can be thus created and restored later when required.
4 Users Found This Useful