How to create MX records in DNS?
In order to create MX Record for your domain please do the following:
- Sign in to your eWallHost account, go to ‘My Account’ in top right side corner and click ‘Login’
- Click ‘My Domain’ tab to see the list of domains active in your account.
- Click ‘manage’ on the right side of domain, for which you want to add ‘MX’ record
- Then click ‘Manage DNS’ tab, this will bring you to DNS Management System Interface.
- Click ‘MX Record’ and then click ‘Add A New MX Record’.
- There you would find 4 fields:
Zone: The domain name for which you setting an MX Record needs to be entered as the Zone. If you are configuring the email server for yourdomainname.com, such that you can receive email@example.com, then you need to leave this field blank.
Value: This is the email server domain name. If the email servers hosting your domain name are managed by you, then you may set the Value in the format: mail.yourdomainname.com.
If you are using another Internet Service Provider's email server, then you need to enter a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) like mail.isp.com.
TTL: This is the Time To Live for this Record. Any Server which once queries this Record will query it again after this time interval. The ideal TTL is 86400, which is 1 day. It cannot be set to less than 14400, i.e., 4 hours.
MX Priority: An MX Record has a Preference number indicating the order in which the email server should be used (only relevant when multiple MX Records are defined for the same domain name). Email servers will attempt to deliver email to the server with the lowest preference number first, and if unsuccessful, continue with the next lowest and so on.
- Click the Add Record button to submit your Record.
Similarly, to Modify or Delete an MX Record, simply click the Record Name from the list and then click either the Modify Record or Delete Record button.
1 Users Found This Useful