How to create CName records in DNS?
In order to create CName Record for your domain please do the following:
- Sign in to your eWallHost account, go to ‘My Account’ in top right side corner and click ‘Login’
- Click ‘My Domain’ tab to see the list of domains active in your account.
- Click ‘manage’ on the right side of domain, for which you want to add ‘CNAME’ record
- Then click ‘Manage DNS’ tab, this will bring you to DNS Management System Interface.
- Click ‘CNAME Record’ and then click ‘Add A New CNAME Record’.
- There you would find 3 fields:
Host Name:If you wish to Add a CNAME Record for yourdomainname.com like manage.yourdomainname.com or www.yourdomainname.com, then enter the Host Name as manage or www in this text box.
Value:This is the Destination for the CNAME created. Thus, if you wish to create a CNAME Record for www.yourdomainname.com pointing to yourdomainname.com, then you would have to enter yourdomainname.com in this text box.
TTL: This is the Time To Live for this Record. Any Server which once queries this Record will query it again after this time interval. The ideal TTL is 86400, which is 1 day. It can not be set to less than 14400, i.e., 4 hours.
- Click the"Add Record" button to submit your Record.
Similarly, to Modify or Delete an CNAME Record, simply click the Record Name from the list and then click either the Modify Record or Delete Record button.
4 Users Found This Useful