How to create A records in DNS?
- Sign in to your eWallHost account, go to ‘My Account’ in top right side corner and click ‘Login’
- Click ‘My Domain’ tab to see the list of domains active in your account.
- Click ‘manage’ on the right side of domain, for which you want to add ‘A’ record
- Then click ‘Manage DNS’ tab, this will bring you to DNS Management System Interface.
- Click ‘A Record’ and then click ‘Add A New A Record’.
- There you would find 3 fields:
Host Name: Here the domain name, for which you are adding the A Record for, would be pre-filled (e.g. yourdomainname.com). Now, if you wish to add an A Record for my.yourdomainname.com, then you would have to put ‘my’ in the text box. If you wish to add A Record for just yourdomainname.com, then you can leave this box blank.
Destination IPv4 Address: Here you would have to enter the IPv4 IP Address of the Web Server, where you wish to host this domain name.
TTL: This is the Time To Live for this Record, in seconds. Any server which once queries this Record will query it again after this time interval. The ideal TTL is 86400, which is 1 day. It cannot be set to less than 14400, i.e., 4 hours.
- Click the Add Record button to submit your Record
Similarly, to Modify or Delete an A Record, simply click the Record Name from the list and then click either the Modify Record or Delete Record button.
3 Users Found This Useful