How to create TXT records in DNS?
In order to create TXT Record for your domain please do the following:
- Sign in to your eWallHost account, go to ‘My Account’ in top right side corner and click ‘Login’
- Click ‘My Domain’ tab to see the list of domains active in your account.
- Click ‘manage’ on the right side of domain, for which you want to add ‘TXT’ record
- Then click ‘Manage DNS’ tab, this will bring you to DNS Management System Interface.
- Click ‘TXT Record’ and then click ‘Add A New TXT Record’.
- There you would find 3 fields:
Host Name: If you wish to Add a TXT Record for yourdomainname.com like yourdomainname.com, then leave the Host Name text box blank.
Value: 255 characters of free form text can be provided in this field. This Record is generally used to convey information about the zone.
For example, you may add a TXT Record for mail.yourdomainname.com with the value as This is my email server. Here if anybody was checking ALL or TXT Records of mail.yourdomainname.com, they would notice the above text appearing in the TXT Record.
TTL: This is the Time To Live for this Record. Any Server which once queries this Record will query it again after this time interval. The ideal TTL is 86400, which is 1 day. It can not be set to less than 14400, i.e., 4 hours.
- Click the Add Record button to submit your Record.
6 Users Found This Useful